Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I finally finished my brake calipers!  They're not coated yet, but all of the hard work is done.

Here are the last few steps on the second front caliper:



And here are the finished parts! The next step is satin black powdercoat to match the paint I'm using on my engine parts.











I oiled them all up in preparation for shipping once I pick a powdercoat vendor, I'm still undecided.


In other news, new tools!  I finally took the plunge on a new cordless set.  I decided to stick with DeWalt and chose their 20v lineup.  My current 18v DeWalt lineup has been great, so it wasn't a difficult choice.  I decided to start with a compact XR drill, full size XR hammerdrill, and a 1/4" impact.



I haven't chosen a 3/8" impact yet, but I plan on getting one.  I picked up a set of Williams 3/8" metric impact sockets in preparation.

I also added another 3/8" Hansen organizer to the toolbox, I was able to cram two more rows in the mix!

Starrett 2-3" micrometers for an upcoming project, which will be detailed in a future Wrinklered post.

Snap-on 4-way angle wrench set in metric, for work in difficult spots.

The wrench drawer is getting quite full as well!

I also picked up a few measurement/layout trinkets at bargain prices on eBay and Garagejournal.


No comments:

Post a Comment