Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's been just over a year since we scrapped Papa Fazz's old Ford, we have gone without a truck for too long!  I bought myself a new 2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, with the 6.0L gas engine.  This also means the Jetta will be a trailer queen.


It's about as long as a city block.

6 Liters of gas guzzling power.  'Merica.

After almost destroying my hemisphere trying to fit the mounting bosses, I decided to do it the easy way this time.  I plunged a 7/8" diameter end mill through for a perfect fit.

Kage is forklift certified, so he helped with the heavy lifting.

To fit the mounting bosses, I got some help from Solidworks.  I modeled each tube and printed an un-wrapped profile.



Much better than last time!

I had it welded up.

No burn-through to the outside for a perfect smooth look.

Pressure tested.  My ghetto pressure testing fixture leaked like crazy, but the welds didn't!



I started fitting the new reservoir to the shock tower.  I tacked it on the outside during mockup, but it will be welded inside the wheel well for a clean look in the bay.


I put the hood on for a rough clearance check of the new reservoir location.


Tacked in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment