I did some more work on my coolant reservoir this week.
I ground the weld and pressure tested the coolant inlet nipple.
Last week I made a ring for the cap, which I had welded on and then put back in the lathe for finishing.
It presses inside the Billet Specialties cap.
This is how the top of the reservoir will look.
I cut a hole through the side for the coolant inlet, all the welds will be inside the sphere so it will look clean.
-10AN fitting out the bottom
-6AN fitting and cap in the top
Next I did some figuring to lay out the 3 mounting bosses.
I used the lathe to help layout the lines exactly 1" apart.
The mounting bosses
During the final fitting, I fucked it all up. The holes ended up ovalized and the gaps were too big, so I had Bill build up some weld so I can try again. I ordered another hemisphere, but I think I can fix this one.
I also destroyed one of my mounting bosses trying to saw it off.
New mounting boss to replace the gouged one:
After laying everything out a little better, I'm starting again. This time it should be more symmetric with tighter gaps.