Sunday, August 18, 2013

I haven't had much time to work on the Jetta recently.  I have been working late quite a bit, and went on vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Vacation during Shark Week? This is as close as I get.  All of these people were eaten by sharks minutes after I took this photo.

awwwww yeah.

Fro scootin' hard.

Tommy D and Woody.  Grown ass men building sand castles.

I did get a little more work done on my heat shield, but my pictures turned out really blurry.  Here are a few:



I had to make the last pieces of the heat shield, which will be visible from the bay.
Template:



I made a hammer form out of Birch plywood for the firewall shield.  I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this piece or not.   I might make it a separate bolt-on piece rather than weld it to the main section.

I'm not sure I'm happy with how it turned out.  I will end up remaking this section, probably with a different design.

All that work.. and this is the only section you can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment