Thursday, November 15, 2018

I finally finished up my tool cart project!

After some minor bodywork, I sprayed it with some PPG DP50LF epoxy primer






Scuffed and masked for paint.  I decided not to re-paint the entire drawer, only the front and first 6" or so.

I had planned to spray this outside, but winter suddenly happened.  I ended up trading some work with Fort Pitt Classic Cars and they sprayed it for me!


Done!  It's not perfect, but certainly good enough for the bottom drawer on a Craigslist cart.

It's slightly too shiny to match the faded original paint

Done!   The paint isn't a 100% perfect color match, and actually all 3 sections of toolbox are slightly different from each other too, but close enough for this project.


I also whipped up this tray from the remains of the 4" drawer I cut up.


This wasn't ready in time to get painted, I'll spray it in the spring.

I filled it up, here are the contents.  In the really deep bottom drawer, I have my paint guns, cleaning solvents, and large boxes of abrasives.

Sanding rolls and masking tapes

Tools.  It seems silly keeping duplicates right next to my main box, but the point of this cart is to be mobile.  I have everything I need to change air fittings, adjust air hose plumbing, open paint cans, cut wire for hanging racks, pick masking tape, or any other random things.

This drawer is a bit of a mess, but I'll organize it soon.

I also spent some time mounting Bondhus t-handle racks to the side of my machinist box.  I previously had these sitting on the side shelf, but now that they're mounted I can fold up the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment