Sunday, April 14, 2019

Last weekend I picked up a junky old MK2 Golf! It was my cousin's car, he bought it around 10 years ago when he turned 16.  He bought a truck a few years back and it has been sitting, my Uncle Rich was going to scrap it and I couldn't let it go to the junkyard so I loaded it up.



I also borrowed my Uncle's 16' equipment trailer to haul it, which was pretty convenient.

It's a 1990 Golf GL 4 door with the 1.8L Digifant II 8v engine.

It came with these sweet speakers!  

It hasn't been on the road since 2012 or so.

At some point, they had a dance party on the hood and roof.

I've started to reassemble it, cleaned off all the mold and moss, ordered some brake parts from Rock auto. My plan is to get it roadworthy, then determine if it's sound enough to turn into a little mini-project cruiser for this summer.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete