Sunday, September 16, 2012

I had a chance to go to the IMTS tradeshow in Chicago last week, it was pretty amazing! 

Here is a cargo ship crankshaft with some goofy dude standing beside it.

I got a chance to see 3 Paul Jr. Designs (Orange County Choppers) bikes.  It's easy to hide mistakes on TV, but these are fucking perfect.  Every detail was flawless - the paint was perfect, the chrome was perfect, every nut and bolt and detail was exactly right. 

All three were really nice, but the Grainger bike was extra perfect.

Faro bike

The Flow Corp bike was a little older and needed a good detailing, but still very nice.

I haven't had much time to work on my car lately, but I got the alternator pressed back together.  First I had to strip and solder tin the alternator winding leads.  I tried this once before, but you have to get them really clean to get a good joint.

I made a press tool to press the shaft into the housing.


All pressed together.  I still need to paint the rectifier, brush housing, and cover before it's completely finished.

M5 stainless 12-point bolts aren't available from ARP, so I ordered these from IS Motorsport - the same place I get my Raychem wiring harness supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment