Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I've been as busy as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest recently.

New tools! 

I scored an immaculate Snap-on BF633 hammer on ebay for an excellent price, this is one of the 3 discontinued hammers I needed to complete my collection.  Only two left!

Woody got married on Saturday, a great time was had by all!

Parts have been piling up, and I haven't had time to install them. 

Head gasket, head bolts, belts, pulleys, and sensors all from Germanautoparts.com

Neuspeed adjustable cam gear so I can dial my cam timing back in to spec since the head has been shaved.

I found new seals for the A/C compressor, Sanden SD7V16.  This is the seal:

And this is the mess I had to install it over.  There is a 0% chance this can be installed over the threads, woodruf key groove, and retaining ring groove without damage.

I made a seal installation tool on my lathe that allows it to slip down into position.


To help the rubber/Teflon seal go on easily, I warmed and lubricated it in PAG oil.


Great success!

I got the new rear cap installed on the A/C compressor, now I just have to make a fill plug to replace the nasty green bolt and it's ready to install.

1 comment:

  1. Teflon seals are widely used and are available in three standard configurations that includes single turn and solid configuratio

    ReplyDelete