Thursday, May 2, 2013

I sprayed another coat of primer on the front suspension crossmembers.  Now I can sand them down to 400 grit (dry) and spray the single stage satin black on them. 

I started cleaning the power steering rack, I'm going to try to paint it black next week also.

In January 2012, I removed the front crossmember bushings.

The supplies:  The old bushings, some 316 stainless washers, some 303 stainless rod, and Turner's tea.

A bit of lathe work

Fit together

My swaging tool

Swaged in place.  After I assemble the rubber through the crossmember, I can swage the 2nd washer on the other side.  This will capture the bushing assembly, then it gets clamped permanently by a bolt.

Two done, two to go.

Woody's beetle is back on the road for the spring!

Woody Sr. is sill plugging away on his new Road Glide project.  26" front wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment