Sunday, July 28, 2013

I haven't had a chance to work on my car much, so here is a random update of other stuff.

I did get my heat shield TIG welded up.  It warped quite a bit, so I spent a few evenings trying to straighten it back out.  It's pretty slow going, and still not perfect.



I took it out of the fixture.

I stopped at AutoZone for some supplies.  I was going to pick up some used cigs too, but they're cracking down.

Last weekend, I moved my brother to Blacksburg, VA.  He starts med school at VCOM this week, so we piled all of his stuff in a 6x12' U-Haul trailer.  It was a pretty easy move!  The enclosed trailer made everything super easy.  It was easy to load, stable to haul, easy to unload, and totally painless to return.  This was also my first time towing with the new truck, and it had no trouble with this little trailer.  I didn't even notice it back there!


New River Gorge bridge.  This must have been taken on the return trip, because the trailer isn't there.

Tiny truck.

We passed a few of the smaller 5'x8' enclosed trailers on the highway.  The 6x12 was perfect; I can't imagine trying to pack all of his stuff into this little guy!

Bachelor pad all unpacked!

We found out that Big Lots sells Awesome for $0.95!  I usually pay $1.00 at home, so this is quite a bargain.

Deep thoughts from the printer.

My brother came back to Pittsburgh, he will move down to VA permanently this week.  We went out to a fancy dinner, and I snapped this blurry picture of downtown Pittsburgh from the restaurant window.

This weekend I went to help my buddy JJ with some home improvement projects.  He's got a baby on the way, so I offered a day of my services to hack something together.  We planned to do some outdoor wiring, but rain changed our plans.  We built a shelf.


It will fit right between the water and the beer.

I need one of these handly little fuckers.  It's like an extra pocket that won't wear out.

We anchored the shelves to the wall.

It's no Uzi... but still pretty badass!  JJ has all the toys.

I just loafed, drank beer, and took photos while J worked.

Success!  Ziti approves.

Speaking of shelves, they were giving away these old racks at work.  Everybody passed up this one because it was missing some screws and really flimsy, but it was larger than all of the others.

I removed a few shelves, tightened all of the screws, and added some Harbor Freight casters to the bottom.  Much better!  I also cleaned up my shop a little bit, it was getting too cramped to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment