Thursday, October 31, 2013

I wasn't happy with the muffler mounts I made last week, so I re-made them from a piece of 3/16" thick solid 304 stainless steel.

I don't have a mill... but I have a lathe!

After some finishing work:

Here is a closer view of the old mounts, which shows why I wasn't too happy with them.  Not only were my tack welds and gaps unacceptable, but I decided that the material I used (22ga stainless) was a little too thin for the stresses this hanger will see.

Much better.

The rest of the exhaust is creeping rearward.  I started cutting and fitting the bent and straight sections.  I have been saying this for 3 months now... but I might actually be able to weld the exhaust this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment