Sunday, October 26, 2014

I sold the old Ford this weekend.  I've decided to focus all of my attention on the Jetta, so it had to go!  It was a fun summer cruiser and I was sad to see it go, but I'll get another one someday.



Things have been heating up at the shop recently.  I've ramped up my work on the Jetta, Woody has been making good progress on his '72 GMC, and Big Woody has been working quite a bit on his '64 Chevy!


LS3 crate motor. No big deal.

Brand new crate small block.  Just another Saturday at the shop.



Some more supplies arrived, and I continued work on my fuel filler neck guard.




I still need to trim the edges and finish weld the flange onto the tank cradle, but this is pretty close to finished.  It's all 16ga steel and protects the filler neck (and vent hoses) from anything that may be thrown off of the tire.  Including a tire itself... With this guard in place, a blown tire is less likely to result in a Hollywood style explosion.

I've been spending a considerable amount of time researching upholstery shops, gathering parts, and visiting shops.  This isn't very easy to express in photos, but here are two!

Portage Trim in Ravenna, Ohio is one of the contenders.  I'm not sure if they will get my business or not, but they're in the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment