Saturday, February 22, 2020

Big Move.

The next step with the new garage was to move in!  Jimmy helped make a few trips in his new #vanlife, and I was able to borrow a trailer from Snap-on Dan to move the toolbox and Jetta.  Papa Fazz came to help for the big day.


You know you have a tool problem when you need a 20' trailer to move your toolboxes. You really know you have a tool problem when your Snap-on dealer lets you borrow his!

I didn't get a picture of it filled up, but the first load included my main box, cart, two welders, and the Jetta engine.



The second load was the Jetta!


Keys are in the ignition, ready for a drive



I re-mounted my clamp rack

I also set up a temporary table using a piece of bowling alley slab I bought a few years back.  I will be making legs for this from leftover steel.  I also picked up a Harbor Freight engine hoist since I'll be working alone more often, which is a colossal piece of shit but significantly better than hernias from lifting alone!

MIG and TIG welders tucked away nicely.

I made a shelf to fit into the beams above my toolbox.  I think these were originally intended to be a tire rack, but I decided to use it for regular storage.

There is conduit running from the house to the garage, so I pulled some Cat5e cable and now have internet in the garage.  The house WiFi didn't reach through the brick and block structure, so I picked up a Ubiquiti access point.

I was pulling myself, so I had to fashion a spool from pipe and cardboard (the cheapo Amazon cable didn't come on a spool), a roller stand from harbor freight wheels and jack stands, and mount the pulling string, which I'm pulling for future use.


Successfully pulled through 48' of underground conduit!

Success!  The network name is wrinklered, in case you come to fisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment