Saturday, February 22, 2020

New Garage!

The weekend after Radwood we finally had a weekend without plans.  A chance browsing on Zillow led us to the perfect house! 


It has a detached 28' x 38' garage.  The main floor is three large bays, then there is a 2 car tandem garage underneath!  The original owner built the garage in 2001, got sick shortly afterward, then passed in 2004.  We purchased it from his brother, who was blind, and the garage was never actually used for anything other than storage!

Here was the main floor as we bought it, filled with junk.

Here is the lower garage.  You can see the heavy beams that support the 12" slab toward the rear of the upper floor.  You can also see the custom diamond plate steps and air compressor room!
Laura bought me a garage warming gift!

The first step was to remove the junk.  I took 1,600lbs of stuff to the local dump in two heaping truckloads!

There were a bunch of old motors in the garage too, I took them to the scrapyard

All cleaned out!


I found this new old stock Columbian 504-M2 vise on Facebook Marketplace and mounted it to the existing workbench.

All cleaned up, the rust was just surface rust and came off easily.

Next I decided to reconfigure the existing built-in shelving.  I wanted to mount my lateral file cabinets on the floor, then use the two shelves for plastic bins for small parts.

Here you can see the unmodified shelf on the left, and the modified shelf on the right.

All done
Filled up with Akro-Mils red 4" tall shelf bins

All complete!

Before I could move my toolbox, I had to move the existing workbench and shelving. I chopped up the shelving and moved it to the right, cutting out the center area for the window.

I had to cut down one of the doors, and I added some trim to cover the cuts.

1 comment:


  1. Order Ethicare Instafill Gel Age Defying . Instant wrinkle filler 15g it erase the deep wrinkle from dermal. Ethicare instafill gel use to remove the wrinkle. the organic ingredients used in the remedy.

    ReplyDelete