Wednesday, August 22, 2012

More supplies; mostly hardware.

I ordered some rubber caps for the coolant lines to seal the motor up for the next few months while I do bodywork on the car itself.

I replaced the screws in the A/C compressor with 12-point ARP stainless bolts. 

Here is the A/C clutch pulley winding before; nasty clear heat shrink over red wires

I cut all the heat shrink off and replaced it with Raychem DR-25 heat shrink, then sealed the end with Raychem HTAT glue-lined shrink.  It's not fully sealed, but will look and perform a lot better than the OEM setup.

The front half of the A/C compressor is all done, I'm still waiting for gaskets before I can re-install the correct rear half and fittings.

No comments:

Post a Comment