Sunday, January 29, 2012

I tried a few more times, unsuccessfully, to spray this Omni acrylic enamel with flattener.  I tried mix ratios of 8:1:1 (paint:flattener:hardener), 8:2:1, 4:1:1, and 4:3:1.   None of them were flat, most of them didn't even harden properly.  72º booth temp, 68-70º garage temp.  PPG Omni MAE paint, Mar-Hyde wet look hardener, PPG M148 flatting agent.  Fuck it, I'm throwing it away and buying either Nason Chassis Black or PPG MTK acrylic urethane single stage like Woody used on his Beetle.



I need to move my car next week so they can install new lighting fixtures above my area, which is a good excuse to build a body cart.  I will need to move the body around once I start getting deeper into the bodywork, so I bought some casters and lumber.

I made these brackets that bolt to the factory rear suspension crossmember mounts.


I forgot to buy bolts for the casters, so I scrounged up this collection... I don't think any two are the same! 

Check out them rimz! 

I built this for the front.  I can lift this with a floor jack or forklift if I can't use the casters for some reason.

Restoration stance!

No comments:

Post a Comment