I finished up the reinforcements in the rear suspension area. I wasn't happy with the quality of my work from ~4 years ago, so I reworked some of the structure.
Next step: brushed stainless steel exhaust heat shield.
I machined a few threaded mounting bosses that it will mount to.
I made a fixture to hold them all at the right spots.
It took a few practice bends to get the shape just right...
Once I was happy with the shape of a practice piece, I transferred my pattern to the 22ga stainless steel sheet.
I practiced dimpling the sheet for the M6 button head screws, I plan to dimple all of the mounting holes.
This test was a little too close to the edge, but it turned out decent.
The first section is complete. The entire heat shield will be 4 or 5 sections; this was the easy one!
Woody Sr. started reassembling his custom Road Glide. He's still waiting on a few pieces from paint, but it runs!