I've been working on my shift linkage.
I am replacing all the factory ball and socket joints with spherical bearings. I'm cutting off the factory joints, drilling out the holes, and welding in lathe-turned sleeves.
Some of the factory joints were rubber bushings, and I'm replacing those with spherical bearings. I turned some housings on my lathe and made jigs to have them TIG welded. Lewis Welding will be welding them for me.
Tonight I made a jig from the factory counterweight arm. I would like to keep the original casting, but replace the ends. I started by welding a jig that will duplicate the locations, then I will cut it apart and weld new ends in place.