Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I made one more little patch on the Jetta tonight, this is under the drivers side seat crossmember.  I had access to the back side of this one so I didn't use Weld-Thru primer, it welded so much nicer with clean metal!  The weld-thru stuff is a necessary evil, but I was able to go without it in this case.

After it was welded, I sprayed the area (through the hole in the crossmember) with 3M Rust Fighter I.  This is similar to the Transtar Amber Rustproofing I usually use, I had a little of this left over from a previous job.

My Rabbit daily driver hit 70,000 miles as I pulled up to my house today.  It's due for some sort of massive electrical failure at any minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment